Nikon has announced a new player, the nikon D3s, an incredible machine capable of shooting at 102.400 ISO! and with its FX CMOS sensor shoot HD movies as well. It has 12.1 Mp and the will cost around $5.200.
You still have the D3X with 24.5 Mp and the D3 with 12.1 Mp and also $5.500
Here you have the techspecs for the D3s. Looks like the s gives video to the nikons, like the d300s.
- ISO performance: ISO 12800 as standard, expandable to ISO equivalent of 102400 (Hi 3)
- Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor with 12.1 effective megapixels
- Improved D-Movie function including High-Sensitivity Movie mode and flicker reduction function
- Nikon’s Integrated Dust Reduction System including Image Sensor Cleaning function
- Incorporates Nikon’s original EXPEED digital image processing
- Active D-Lighting with bracketing for up to 5 frames
- Picture Control: Standard, Vivid, Neutral and Monochrome (Landscape and Portrait can be downloaded from Nikon website)
- Quick response with approx. 0.12 seconds start-up time and approx. 0.04 seconds shutter-release time lag
- 9-frames-per-second shooting rate in FX format, 11 fps in DX crop (CIPA Guidelines)
- Nikon’s original Scene Recognition System, utilizing 1,005-pixel RGB sensor, for more accurate autofocus, auto exposure, i-TTL flash control and auto white balance
- Multi-CAM 3500FX AF sensor module featuring 51 AF points
- Viewfinder with approx. 100% frame coverage and approx. 0.7x magnification in FX format
- Durable shutter unit proven by 300,000 cycles of testing on fully assembled camera
- Intelligent power management that lets you shoot up to approx. 4,200 frames per charge (based on CIPA Standards)
- Easy-to-access Live View modes with dedicated button
- Quiet Shutter-release mode for nonintrusive shooting
- High-definition (approx. 921k-dot), 170˚ viewing angle, 3-in. VGA LCD monitor with tempered glass.
Which one is for you?