Mobilizy GmbH reveals a preview of it’s augmented reality navigation system, the first fully functional mobile AR navigation system available for the Android platform. Wikitude Drive was developed by the Mobilizy Research & Development group in Salzburg, Austria, to satisfy the curiosity of the developers to see if it was feasible to combine real-time navigation with mobile augmented reality. The result of this quest is Wikitude Drive, a fully-functional, light weight navigational system which overlays point-to-point directions on a camera-view, without the need for maps.
Wikitude Drive boasts the following features:
- * Mobile AR navigation, similar to a heads up display (HUD);
- * Fully functional, map-less navigation;
- * POI 2 POI navigation;
- * Integrated voice commands (additional text-to-speech engine required);
- * World wide navigational data which is accessed in real-time from the internet;
o (a mobile internet connection is necessary to access data while in motion)
- * Peer-to-peer navigational functions
o Social navigational features will be implemented in future releases
- * Interfaces with existing navigational APIs (for example: NavTeq, Map24, TeleAtlas)
- * Launching for Android and iPhone soon.
Leave a reply